Catholic Sisters Week: Challenge to End Hunger
The Catholic Sisters of Leadership Conference of Women Religious, Region 4 invite you to join us during Catholic Sisters Week for a collaborative effort to serve persons in need and bring much needed awareness to the current increase in food insecurity and underlying causes, such as the COVID-19 Pandemic, poverty, unemployment/under-employment, and inconsistent access to healthy food. Our neighbors are hurting! Let’s step up to help meet their need!
LCWR, Region IV is challenging your region’s congregations to join in the effort. Let’s make this a national response to those who are hungry, sponsored by Catholic Sisters throughout our country! Ways you may join us include:
- Host a food drive for local food bank or food pantry.
- Volunteer for a food bank or food pantry.
- Donate to an organization that addressing hunger, food insecurity or food injustice.
- Set up a Community Garden, Little Free Pantry, or other project serving persons who are food insecure.
- Contact your local, state and federal representatives and advocate for policies that will increase access to food, including expanding SNAP benefits, increasing the minimum wage, and funding food initiatives.
- Share resources and information via social media, newsletters and other communications.
ADD YOUR ACTION TO ALLEVIATE HUNGER DURING CATHOLIC SISTERS WEEK.