Event Questions and Answers
Q: How do I get started?
A: Hosting an event is an excellent opportunity to celebrate and honor the contributions of sisters and to inspire others to do the same. Additionally, you can help build awareness of Catholic Sisters Week by publishing an article in your church bulletin or newsletter, engaging with Catholic Sisters Week on social media or honoring sisters through prayer.
Q: What types of events should I consider hosting during Catholic Sisters Week March 8 – 14?
A: Consider an event that is unique and special to your community – ice cream social, inviting a sister into a school classroom, organizing a volunteer day activity with parishioners and sisters, or organizing a photo display of sisters in your community to show in the church foyer or school entryway. To help ignite the planning process, use this list of event ideas.
Q: What if I can’t host an event, but still want to get involved and support Catholic Sisters Week?
A: There are a number of ways you can participate in Catholic Sisters Week. Here’s how:
Bulletin and Service:
- Incorporate prayers and intercessions into your service. Download prayers and intercessions
- Print a Catholic Sisters Week ad to appear in the Sunday, March 6 and March 13 bulletins
- Hang a Catholic Sisters Week poster in a community gathering space
- Starting on March 7, change your Facebook profile picture and/or your cover photo to the Catholic Sisters Week logo included in the toolkit
- Encourage your Facebook followers to “like” the Catholic Sisters Week Facebook page
- Share or “like” content on the Catholic Sisters Week Facebook page
Share fun facts, news stories and compelling mentions about the impact of Catholic sisters in your church community via your social media channels or website. Be sure to link posts to the Catholic Sisters Week Facebook page
- Engage and share content on Catholic Sisters Week channels including Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. Be sure to join the conversation by utilizing Catholic Sisters Week daily hashtag #CSW2020
- Produce a Sister “shout out”
Q: Once I’ve determined the type of event to host, what’s next?
A: Once you have determined the type of event, use the Catholic Sisters Week event checklist as a planning resource. Then, post your event details on our national Catholic Sisters Week calendar of events.
Q: Are there examples of previous events that I could use to jumpstart my planning process?
A: Yes, check out our event suggestions or see those already posted at catholicsistersweek.org.
Q: What Catholic Sisters Week resources are available to help promote my event?
A: Resources, a toolkit with posters, event ideas, intercessions, and other useful information is available on this website. We hope these resources make it easy and turnkey for you to promote your own event in conjunction with Catholic Sisters Week.
Q: If I have any additional questions regarding hosting an event, who should I contact?
A: Please contact Catholic Sisters Week at firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Sisters Week is a project of Communicators for Women Religious, a professional organization of communicators within religious congregations of women. CWR members promote an understanding of women religious, enhance their image and advance their mission.